Search This Blog

Saturday 17 March 2012

Suffering from 'bekkenløsning'.

After I was confined in the hospital a month ago, I never went back to work. My doctor issued a 'sykemeldt' (sick leave), so I can stay home and regain my energy while waiting for the result of my bladder biopsy. Just 2 weeks ago, I had my regualar checkup with my doctor, he decided to prolong my sick leave until my maternity leave. Meaning I will never go back to work again until I give birth. My doctor told me I am suffering from 'bekkenløsning' or pelvic pain (SPD).

This is my second child (33 weeks). I have been having extreme hip/pelvic and siatica pain, it's so painful that sometimes I cry. It's hard to sleep, walk, get up, turning over in bed, going up and down the stairs, even getting into a car was pure agony. It really kills me a lot. I never had this kind of pain with my first child, which I delivered normally. My doctor told me to keep my legs together as much as I can when getting in and out of bed, standing up and sitting down because when I move one leg at a time I'm making one side of my pelvis move higher than my other side. This usually cause the pain. My doctor recommends me to undergo physiotherapy to relieve the discomfort and use crutches, which I don't prefer using since most of the time I just stayed home. I had my own doctor and midwife who check my pregnancy regularly. My midwife informed me that SPD only gets worse as the baby gets bigger, but should disappear almost instantly following the birth, which I really hope and pray that it will really disappear right away after I give birth. She also told me that it is safe to take paracetamol if the pain is really bad.

Today was a really bad day for me. It's hard to walk. I have to keep switching positions so it won't hurt too much. I'm really waddling like a duck now. My doctor assured me that this is normal pain and it's all part of pregnancy. I still have 6 weeks to go. I just want my body and energy back!





No comments:

Post a Comment