Search This Blog

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Fish Au Gratin - New Recipe I Learned

It's a busy and worthy day for me today. My hubby and son went out to visit a friend and at the same time, do some small groceries. I've decided to stay home so I can clean the house. Usually I clean the house every Sunday, but since last Sunday was a Valentine's day, it's an off day for me to clean... hehehe Anyway, I enjoy cleaning the house. It's a good exercise for me. ;)
"I am thankful for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing because it means I have a home. I am thankful for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means my loved ones are nearby."~Nancie J. Carmody

At night time, I prepare a special dish for my husband and son. A new recipe I just learned and this was a quick and tasty weeknight entree that could be spiced up any number of ways.

FISH AU GRATIN:


Yields: 2-4 servings
Time to make: 30 minutes

1/2 kilo of cod fish
1 can Cream of Mushroom
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup grated cheese
1 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
3 tablespoon melted butter.

PROCEDURE:
1. Tossed soft bread crumbs to the melted butter and set aside.
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees and butter a shallow baking dish.
3. Arrange the fish in prepared baking dish.
4. Combine mushroom cream soup with milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
5. Pour the soup mixture over fish..
6. Sprinkle with grated cheese and buttered bread crumbs.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment